“To adopt a child is a great work of love. When it is done, much is given, but much is also received.”St. John Paul II
Adoption is a beautiful and life-giving option, whether you are hoping to adopt or looking to place a child. Making an adoption plan is an incredible gift that a pregnant woman can offer to her child. There are many misconceptions surrounding the idea of adoption. It isn’t giving someone up; rather, adoption is an act of entrustment, made in a spirit of love, that is generous and sacrificial. A woman who is considering entrusting the care of her child to another couple enters into a sacred time of discernment seeking to answer the question: “What is the most loving thing I can do for my child?” Discover the possibilities and consider if adoption is right for you.
- Visit www.ichooseadoption.org for a beautiful adoption website with basic information, testimonials of birth mothers, profiles of adopted families, and places to go to get more resources.
- Holy Family offers support and resources for those hoping to adopt or to place a child for adoption. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Bethany Christian Service’s site for adoption resources, stories, and giving opportunities.
- Visit the Gladney Center for Adoption website for adoption services and post-adoption support.
- Visit the Reece’s Rainbow website to learn more about sponsoring or adopting a child with special needs.
The Respect Life Office is not responsible for or endorsing the policies and practices of any of the agencies listed here, but are listing them solely as a resource for people to consider.
Visit the Radiance Foundation, where co-founder Ryan Bomberger speaks to the loving and life-changing power of adoption and collects other stories of families touched by adoption.
Watch this powerful documentary, I Lived on Parker Avenue, about a young man’s journey to meet his birth parents:
- Considering adoption? “Discerning the Will of God” by Fr. Gallagher is a helpful resource for discovering God’s plan for you!
- Have questions about adoption? In his book, Adoption: Choosing It and Loving It, Dr. Ray Guarendi, father of ten adopted children, shares his experience and dispels common misconceptions.