About the Office
Under the pastoral leadership of the Archbishop of New York, the Office of Liturgy serves as a resource for the celebration of the Sacred Liturgy throughout the Archdiocese of New York. The functions of the Office include:
- Offering direction and consultation to clergy and faithful on matters pertaining to the liturgy;
- Providing notification on liturgical matters issued by the Holy See and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops;
- Keeping informed of the studies and programs taking place in the field of liturgical studies and pastoral liturgy;
- Promoting programs that will contribute to the advancement of liturgical life in the Archdiocese;
- Overseeing and approving the work of the Liturgical Art and Architecture Commission and the Liturgical Music Commission; and,
- Collaborating with the Catechumenate Office and Office of Adult Faith Formation in providing liturgical formation for clergy and laity in the Archdiocese.
Director: Father Matthew S. Ernest, S.T.D.
Archdiocese of New York
Office of Liturgy
201 Seminary Avenue
Yonkers, New York 10704
914.968.6200, ext. 8177
Associated Commissions and Offices
Develops and promotes policies related to liturgical music in the Archdiocese. The Commission also serves as a point of contact for pastors and musicians seeking employment.
Assists the Office of Liturgy by evaluating church renovations and church building projects to ensure conformity with liturgical norms. The Commission also functions as a resource to pastors involved in the construction, restoration, and remodeling of churches.