Guidelines for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults in the Archdiocese of New York (updated in February 2022) were written to provide catechumenate coordinators and pastors in the Archdiocese of New York with information and guidance on practical questions about the Christian initiation of adults and children of catechetical age.
The Sacramental Preparation Policy for Catholic Schools document (effective January 2019) was written to provide Catholic High Schools and pastors of the Archdiocese of New York with information and guidance on the best pastoral approaches for the Christian initiation of students in Catholic High Schools.
R.C.I.A. Catechumenate Handbook: http://archny.org/wp-content/uploads/R.C.I.A-Handbook.pdf
Manual del Catecumenado (R.I.C.A): http://archny.org/wp-content/uploads/RCIA-Handbook-Spanish.pdf
• Apprentices in Faith: has an online resource for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults by RCL/Benziger.
• Friends of the Forum: although the North American Forum on the Catechumenate is gone, the vision lives on!
• The Pastoral Center: a resource of 23rd Publications provides parish leaders with resources for all levels of parish catechetical ministry.
• Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults: Questions/Answers from the USCCB.
• Team RCIA: a free online resource for Catholic parishes that want to start or sustain the catechumenate in their communities.
• Liguori Publications: Journey of Faith has specific materials for specific audiences: adults, teens, children, and Latinos.
Liturgy Training Publication Resource Videos:
Liturgy Training Publications offer free videos on the Christian Initiation Process and other resources Here are a few:
The Period of Evangelization and Precatechumenate
The Rite for Entrance into the Catechumenate
The Period of the Catechumenate
The Rite of Election or Enrollment of Names
The Period of Purification and Enlightenment
The Celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation
The Period of Mystagogy
Visit LTP for on their website, for more videos and additional resources that you may share with your parish staff and team.
Informational Pages (English):
- A Paradigm Shift
- Are the Inquirers Ready
- Catechesis before the Easter Vigil
- Dismissal Catechesis Outline
- Faculty to Confirm Vicar General Letter
- History of the Catechumenate
- Ministry Responsibilities of the parish Catechumenate Leader
- Order for the Baptized
- Order for the Unbaptized
- Ready for Lent
- Rites in the Catechumenate Process
- Sample Sunday Morning Catechumenate
- Some RCIA Reminders
- Starts with Evangelization
- The Elect and Candidates – Celebration of Sacraments
- The Initial Conversation
- Understanding the Catechumenate Period
- Unity and Order of the Sacraments
- Valid Baptism and Confirmations
- What about Eastern Non-Catholic Christians?
- What about Marriage Issues?
- What about the Easter Vigil?
- What about the Mystagogy Period?
- What about the RCIA for Children?
- What Happens in Lent?
- What is an RCIA Sponsor?
- What is the Period of the Catechumenate?
- What is the Period of the Precatechumenate?
- Who belongs in the RCIA?
- Who does not belong in the RCIA?
- Who Ministers in the Catechumenate?
Páginas informacionales (Español):
- Un Cambio de Paradigma
- Estan listos los Simpatizantes
- La Catequesis antes de la Vigilia
- Esquema de Catequesis para la Despedida
- Historia de RICA
- Coordinador de RICA
- Orden para los bautizados
- Order para los no bautizados
- Listo para la Cuaresma
- Los Elegidos y Candidatos -Celebrando los Sacramentos
- Los Ritos del Catecumenado
- Un Ejemplo de una mañana de un Domingo del Catecumenado
- Algunos Recordatorios de RICA
- La Conversación Inicial
- Unidad y orden de los sacramentos
- Bautizos y confirmaciones válidas
- Candidatos Orientales
- RICA y el Matrimonio
- Vigilia de Pascua
- La mistagogia
- RCIA para niños
- Que sucede en la Cuaresma
- Que es un esponsor
- Que es el período del Catecumenado
- Que es el Precatecumenado
- Quien pertenece en RICA
- Quien no pertenece en RICA
- Los Ministerios de RICA