Handbooks and Guidelines
Whole document or view/download a section of the Policy Manual
- Professional Boundaries/Supervision
- Emergency Procedures
- Reporting an Incident of Abuse
- Counseling, Professional Referrals and Disclosure
- Finances and Budget
- Record Keeping/Contracts/Inappropriate Youth Environments
- On-Site Supervision
- Off-Site Events and Overnight Trips
- Technology and Media
Grades 7 and 8: Download Entire Guide
- Grade 7 Guide Only
- Grade 8 Guide Only
- Health, Life and Disability Benefits: a copy of benefits for lay employees.
- Agreement of Employment for Lay Employees: a downloadable copy of an agreement of lay employees.
- Health, Life and Disability Benefits for Directors and Coordinators of Religious Education: in arriving at salary and benefits, the Pastor and the lay employee may agree about the benefits listed in this document.
The Joy of Adolescent Catechesis: written to inspire those who are involved in catechetical ministry with adolescents which strives to expand the vision of passing on a vibrant and joyful faith to teenagers. A Vision of the Joy of Adolescent Catechesis: provides a summary of the document from Catechist Magazine.
Models for Parish Religious Education: helping our parishes effectively form young people and their families for discipleship as part of the Catholic church using diverse models of program organization.
Conformity Listing of Catechetical Texts and Series: a download of the most current listing of religious education texts and series that have been found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church; published by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Lesson Plans to accompany the Guidelines for Catechesis
Parent Handbook: Directors/Coordinators should use this template as the basis and model for the Parent Handbook of their Parish Religious Education program.
Catechist Handbook: Directors/Coordinators should use this template as the basis and model for the Catechist Handbook of their Parish Religious Education program.
Formation Leader Profile
Certification Record For Leaders
Observation/Evaluation of Parish Catechist’s Lesson: a form to help directors and coordinators as they observe and evaluate their catechists.
Certificate of Appreciation Application: honoring those catechists who have served for 10, 15, 20 years of youth faith formation ministry in the Archdiocese of New York.
Application for Medal of Honor: this one-time award honors those certified (levels 1 and 2) catechists who have served for 25, 30, 35, 40 or more years of service in the Archdiocese of New York.
Application for Milestone Years of Service Awards: honoring those catechists who have served for 30, 35, 40 years of youth faith formation ministry in the Archdiocese of New York and have already received the Medal of Honor.
Order form for Supplies: Order Attendance Registers, Family File Cards, Permanent Record Cards, Released Time Cards, Progress Reports and Catechetical Personnel Application.
- Order form for Supplies: Order the supplies listed above and pay online with a credit/debit card.
- Attendance Register: best if printed on 11″ x 17″ paper.
- Child Information Record: Registration Form in English and in Spanish for use when registering children into the Parish Religious Education program. In MS Word format, so the Director/Coordinator can make the changes necessary for the individual parish program, always with the permission of the Pastor.
- Family File (The Pink Card): prints on 5″x8″ file cards; they will be off-center on 8.5″x11″ paper.
- Permanent Record Cards (The Yellow Card): prints on 5″x8″ file cards; they will be off-center on 8.5″x11″ paper.
- Progress Reports: printable report for use in the religious education program.
- Code of Ethics
- Creating a Code of Conduct
- Safe Environment Checklist
- Youth Ministry Information Sheet
- High School Sign-in Sheet
- Middle School Sign-in Sheet
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form / Permiso de Padres/Tutores
- Medical Consent Form / Consentimiento Medico
- Adult Liability Waiver / Formulario de Conformidad Para Adultos
- Driver Information
- Overnight Event Approval Form
- Incident Investigation Report for Injuries
- Testimonial of Suitability for Lay Speaker/Presenter
- Approved Bus List