Enter a search request and press enter. Press Esc or the X to close.

Sacramental Records

Each parish keeps its own records of baptisms, first communions, confirmations, marriages, and funerals as long as it is open – so to obtain a record, you generally need to contact the parish at which the sacrament was conferred. Please utilize our online search for a parish page

If you do not know which parish performed the sacrament, you can write to the Vicar General’s Office at the archdiocese. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to:

Vicar General’s Office
1011 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022

Please note that the archdiocese does not have a centralized, searchable database of all sacraments. For assistance in locating records relating to genealogical research, you may review the Genealogy Research Policy and submit your search request through the Archives request form here. Please note that all requests are filled in the order they are received, and can take several weeks to process.