“Racism still profoundly affects our culture, and it has no place in the Christian heart. This evil causes great harm to its victims, and it corrupts the souls of those who harbor racist or prejudicial thoughts.”Open Wide Our Hearts
A Pastoral Letter against Racism
The Church has denounced the sin of racism in all of its forms, and continues to support all of those who work arduously to cultivate a culture of inclusivity in our ministries and communities.
We encourage you to keep listening, learning, and praying. The following links will provide you with excellent resources to help you continue to build a culture of listening, understanding and inclusion in your ministry, and to continue to combat the evil of racism. We will continue updating as we encounter more resources.
- Commission of religious leaders statement on the death of George Floyd
- Statement of U.S. Bishop Chairmen in Wake of Death of George Floyd and National Protests
- Open Wide our Hearts Webinar Series: How to Apply “Open Wide Our Hearts: A Pastoral Letter Against Racism” in a Ministry Context.
- Combatting Racism – Educational Resources
- USCCB Intercultural Competencies