These past few weeks have been challenging for us as a nation and as a Church. As an office, we denounce the sin of racism in all of its forms, and we continue to support all of those who work arduously to cultivate a culture of inclusivity in our ministries and communities. “Racism still profoundly affects our culture, and it has no place in the Christian heart. This evil causes great harm to its victims, and it corrupts the souls of those who harbor racist or prejudicial thoughts.” Open Wide Our Hearts, a Pastoral Letter against Racism.
We encourage you to keep listening, learning, and praying. The following links will provide you with excellent resources to help you continue to build a culture of listening, understanding and inclusion in your ministry, and to continue to combat the evil of racism. We will continue updating as we encounter more resources. Please let us know if we can support you and your ministry in any way.
- Commission of religious leaders statement on the death of george floyd
- Statement of U.S. Bishop Chairmen in Wake of Death of George Floyd and National Protests
- Open Wide our Hearts Webinar Series: How to Apply “Open Wide Our Hearts: A Pastoral Letter Against Racism” in a Ministry Context.
- Combatting Racism – Educational Resources
- USCCB Intercultural Competencies
Since we are living constantly changing landscape, we invite you to access our COVID-19 support resources to support your ministry by clicking below: