February 22, 2017
Senior Supervisor of Social Workers – Case Management
The Department of Community Outreach Services of Catholic Charities Community Services is seeking a Sr. Supervisor of Social Workers. This position is located at 1011. The Sr. Supervisor will report Sr. Director of Case Management.
The Senior Supervisor of Social Workers of Case Management provides oversight to direct Case Management staff across CCCS Departments with a special emphasis on Immigrant Youth and Families. The Supervising Social Worker ensures that all activities of the Case Management Department serve to uphold the highest standards of mission adherence and service excellence. The Supervising Social Worker shares responsibility for administrative duties within the Case Management Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provides direct group and individual Casework Supervision to Case Management Staff working with youth and families. Provides general Casework Supervision to staff within the Case management Department and other departments as needed.
- Provides supervision and oversight to special programs using a long-term Case Management model. (World Trade Center 9/11 program, Comunidad Juan Diego etal.)
- Oversees The Catholic Charities Helpline and distributes/assigns cases that enter the system through a variety of sources including Contact Us.
- Manages seasonal projects such as Adopt a Family and New York Times Neediest cases.
- Supervises Social Work interns and fulfills requirements as set forth by the university and in conjunction with human resources.
- Ensures that staff meets contract and/or department deliverables and regularly monitors Data Management systems.
- Assists Senior Director of Case Management in writing and coordinating grants, proposals and quarterly reports.
- Renders decisions about requests for financial assistance and exercises stewardship in managing the relief budget.
- Understands, fulfills and meets deadlines on all operational matters including requests for financial assistance, time sheets, performance reviews etc.
- Provides weekly supervision and maintains an “open door” supervision policy.
- Conducts departmental orientation/training for newly hired employees, utilizing an engaging technique beneficial to new staff.
- Effectively communicates on all aspects relevant to the successful execution of operational tasks, high profile cases, and the advancement of the overall mission and vision of the department/agency.
- Attends, participates and helps organize in-service trainings and monthly staff meetings.
- Creatively shapes the direction of the department by offering, supervising, or delivering innovative programs and services while maintaining the integrity of day to day work practices.
- Communicates and reinforces the Catholic Charities Case Management model both within and across departments; ensures that staff uphold the mission of the agency from the initial phone inquiry, in-person greeting and through the final follow-up call.
- Reinforces a philosophy of collaboration with community partners, Catholic Charities departments, Divisions and affiliate agencies relative to the Case Management Department
- Manages a case load of 5-10 clients and fulfills all requirements associated with handling cases.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required;
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- LMSW required, LCSW (a plus), and SIFI Certified or eligiblerequired.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, capacity to shift gears quickly and manage a high-energy, high-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge of children and family preventive services, and trauma-informed practices particularly in working with immigrant youth and families.
- Ability to quickly learn and respect the roles and responsibilities of staff in other departments and work diplomatically to help define best practices across disciplines.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the social service resource network including the capacity to comprehend the nuances and changing policies and procedures associated with complex systems.
- The ability to work well independently while being accountable, responsive and communicative.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: