Research a variety of topics (e.g., instructional strategies, curriculum guidelines, instructional technology, etc.) and convey information/recommendations regarding district curriculum to the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum and Staff Development as needed.
Manage the Archdiocesan Curriculum Staff Access page, maintaining up-to-date content and resources for teachers.
Primary Duties: Assessment
● Manage student achievement data from standardized tests housed in various data systems; organize, classify and report on data for use in decision-making and monitoring at a system level as well as a local school level.
● Analyze assessment data to identify successful strategies, programs and plans for continuous improvement, particularly in areas of weak performance.
● Collaborate with a variety of individuals to develop and administer bi-annual Archdiocesan interim assessments.
● Bring an imaginative approach to solving problems and be a good negotiator while
working cooperatively with all members of the Superintendent of Schools Office.
● Provide direction in the area of educational renewal and assessment with the vision of the strategic plan, Pathways to Excellence.
● Collaborate with the Office of the Partnership for Inner-City Education to oversee allocation and use of grant monies in support of curricular programs in inner-city schools; monitor compliance of awarded monies, facilitate professional sharing opportunities and write reports on grants.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum/Staff Development.
● Assist the Associate Superintendent in managing all operations of the Curriculum and Staff Development office
● Maintain confidentiality of all operations of the office
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: Minimum three (3) years successful teaching experience
Minimum three (3) years successful administrative experience
Math/ Science background preferred but not required
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to forge and maintain cooperative relationships; ability to use and present data clearly through word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs; ability to effectively plan and manage projects, and prepare and maintain accurate records.
Knowledge of: Principles of best instructional practices, curriculum design, adult learning styles and how to effect change successfully; how to review, interpret and write technical information, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions.
Ability to: schedule a number of activities; communicate, lead meetings and/ work with a diversity of individuals; routinely gather, collate and/or classify data; make sound decisions; demonstrate leadership and vision; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities; work as part of a team.
Compensation for this position is competitive, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Dr. Betsy Okello at firstname.lastname@example.org