FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 5, 2009
CARDINAL EGAN SECOND UPDATE
After further consultation with his doctors, the pacemaker implant for Edward Cardinal Egan has been temporarily postponed. The pacemaker will not be installed on Monday, April 6, as was announced earlier today.
The doctors explained that for the Cardinal the implant was not an emergency procedure, and could wait until his stomach ailment had improved and he has an opportunity to regain some strength.
Decisions about the Cardinal’s participation in Holy Week services will be made when the Cardinal is feeling better and with the input of the his doctors.
The surgery to implant the pacemaker will be scheduled for a later date.