March 8, 2017
The Archdiocese of New York
Finance - Investment Services
Associate Director - Investment Management
Reporting to the Director of Investment Management, this position works closely with the Director in investment oversight and operations management related to the invested assets of The Archdiocese of New York and affiliated entities, including pension, operating reserve, endowments, foundations, trust and other investment funds.
The Associate Director’s responsibilities include assisting in the implementation of investment strategies, on-boarding new investment managers, managing funds movements, tracking investment portfolios’ allocations and returns, maintaining relationships and communications with external managers and service providers as well as internal finance staff, and preparing presentation materials and schedules for internal investment meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with operational functions with external investment managers, consultants, custodians and other third parties.
- Preparing correspondence
- Funds movements (e.g. new investment allocations, portfolio rebalancing, redemptions, capital calls, fee billing)
- Monitoring investment reports, and advising Director of significant events
- Preparation of internal reports:
- department and portfolio summary spreadsheets
- external vendor fee tracking (custodians, consultants, investment managers)
- Assist in development and preparation of presentation material for various investment committee meetings
- Assist the Investment Management staff and CFO as needed with budgeting, long range planning, and other projects.
- College Degree required;advanced degree/qualifications (MBA/CFA) preferred
- Five to 8 years experience in similar roles in investment management/corporate/not-for-profit organizationwith exposure to investment markets and financial services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office:Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, show initiative, be detail-oriented and highly organized
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: