Adult Faith Formation Office | FORMED Subscriptions
We are pleased to announce that the Archdiocese of New York has once again entered into an agreement with the Augustine Institute to assist all parishes in the Archdiocese with the renewal or adoption of a FORMED subscription. About 199 parishes are currently subscribed with over 40,000 people of the Archdiocese using this service. We hope to spread this ministry even more! This year’s campaign begins now and runs through November 15, 2022. In addition to a 10% discount from the Augustine Institute, the Archdiocese will be contributing $1200 to each participating parish. This is a total savings to your parish of $1400. You will pay just $599, equating to a mere $50 a month! Nowhere else can you find such value for access to so many quality Catholic resources for use in Sacramental Prep, Bible Studies, Faith Formation, Youth Ministry and more. By participating in a coaching session, each parish can also receive a free FORMED banner kit for promoting FORMED at the parish.
For those who are not familiar: A parish FORMED Subscription, created and powered by the Augustine Institute, includes 24/7 access to FORMED for all people within the parish boundaries, including:
- Streaming of video-based study programs that provide real solutions for your adult faith formation groups, RCIA, sacramental preparation, Bible studies, youth ministry, Marian devotion, and more.
- Streaming of full-length feature films, audio talks, audio books and dramas and programs, plus downloading of e-books, designed to ensure that your parishioners can enrich their faith throughout the week.
- Online access to promotional resources and trailer videos. (Printing is not included.)
- Pathways for parish leaders that can be used to guide them in getting the most from FORMED in their area of ministry.
- Live coaching from expert evangelization team members at the Augustine Institute.
- The ability to download content for offline use.
- Ongoing technical and implementation support from the FORMED ParishCare customer service team.
ArchCare | Health Care Chaplaincy Apostolate
The Health Care Chaplaincy Apostolate supports Catholic health care chaplaincy at all hospitals and many nursing homes throughout the Archdiocese. For help in accessing hospitals or arranging spiritual care for a patient, contact John Schultz, Director Health Care Chaplaincy Apostolate at 646 942 0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ArchCare | Health-Related Ministries
Parishes interested in assistance with health-related ministries, please contact Michael Guglielmo, Dir. of Parish Integration, at email@example.com or (646) 229-7413.
Catholic Charities | News Stories
Articles include “Finding a New Home, and New Hope, After Leaving Ukraine”, “Hurricane Fiona Devastates Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic: Catholic Charities New York to Help” and more
Committee on Divine Worship | Newsletters
Click below to download recent newsletters
ICS | Updates
We are already preparing to meet your Advent and Christmas needs! Please take a careful look through the brochure and order as early as you can to avoid disappointment and supply-chain-related delays.
Christmas flowers and greens – This is the big change for 2022. As you know, we have been using Harmony Greenhouse for plants, wreaths and greens for more than ten years and have been pleased with their quality and service. In response to higher fuel costs and limited availability of truck drivers, Harmony instituted several changes that will affect us
Schools | Updates
- It’s been a busy September for families enrolled in New York Catholic schools! Take a look at this video compilation of our opening day as featured in the news. (Photo attached titled “Schools First Day”)
- We are proud to launch our Fall 2022 Catholic Schools NY Newsletter. Click here for a back-to-school message from the Superintendent, a cover story on the first day of school at the School of the Blessed Sacrament, and a special incentive offer for parents referring new families. (Photo attached titled “Fall 2022 Newsletter”)
- As Hispanic Heritage Month comes to a close, we invite you to acquaint yourself with our Hispanic Heritage landing page. Visit catholicschoolsny.org/hispanic-heritage to access educational biographies on Hispanic saints, family-friendly resources and messages, and classroom projects and activity ideas for celebrating and honoring Hispanic culture.
- The start of the 2022-23 school year marks the first time since the pandemic that schools have opened without COVID restrictions. View our 2022 Opening Plan at catholicschoolsny.org/opening2022 to learn how we are “Rising Above” in a post-COVID world. (Photo attached titled “2022 Opening Plan”)
Seminary | Car Raffle
TWO CHANCES TO WIN!
- First drawing: 2023 Toyota RAV4 or a $20,000 cash prize
- Second drawing: $5,000 cash prize
USCCB | Hurricane Ian Voluntary Special Collection
As a result of Hurricane Ian’s havoc – first across Cuba and the Dominican Republic and then the southeast US starting in Florida – lives have been lost and many Church properties, along with homes and businesses, have been severely damaged or destroyed. This followed the impact of Hurricane Fiona, which caused devastation across Puerto Rico and other parts of the Caribbean.
Our partners at Catholic Charities USA, along with their local agencies, are hard at work providing humanitarian relief and will be with communities over their extended recovery. Likewise, Catholic Relief Services and its local partners are responding with food, water, and sanitation assistance, and will eventually assist with the repair and rebuilding of homes. The chairman of our Committee on National Collections has been in contact with many of the bishops in impacted dioceses to receive information on their needs and offer support – and much will be needed.
To respond as a unified Church, I suggest we take up a voluntary special collection for the humanitarian, long-term recovery, and significant Church needs arising from these calamities. I ask that we make a special appeal in our dioceses to support the USCCB Bishops Emergency Disaster Fund and that we each take up a collection as soon as possible so that those most in need can receive assistance quickly.
Youth Faith Formation Office | Catechist and Youth Ministry Team Formation
Catechist and Youth Ministry Formation opportunities are available in person and online! We invite everyone to visit our Ministry Formation Calendar for the most up to date listings of these opportunities. We also encourage our faith formators to create an account for our online learning portal ArchNYLAB. Through it, they can register for all the formation opportunities we have to offer, access materials for their formation courses, and track their progress for their Level 1 and Level 2 catechist certificates.