Dear friends in the Lord:
Beginning today, and on every third Monday, you will be receiving an electronic version of the Monthly Combined Mailing from the Chancery, delivered to you through Flocknote, a system with which most pastors and parish secretaries are familiar. Recipients will be those who are on the Announcements mailing list plus all other priests who minister in the archdiocese, parish email addresses and department heads at the Catholic Center. If anyone wishes to have information included, it must be submitted by the first Friday of each month to [email protected].
This month and in June, July and August, we will also continue to issue the hard-copy version. Beginning in September, this mailing will become exclusively electronic. To keep informed, it is essential for you to read your clergy web mail regularly, or ask your parish secretary to print it out. There are only three months left.
There are a number of reasons for making this change:
- Printing and sending this by USPS costs $50,000 per year, and this money could better be used for ministry.
- Many have asked for this change. These days, most work is conducted electronically, resulting in easier and more timely communications. You will be able to download and print as many copies of materials as you like – or share them electronically.
Faithfully in Christ,
Msgr. Joseph LaMorte
Vicar General and Chancellor
In This Issue:
- Some Things to Know
- Updates from the Vicar General and Chancellor
- News to Use from Our Pastoral Offices
- Vocations: Eighth Annual Conference for Priests
- Adult Faith Formation: The Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program
- Workshop on Valid Baptisms, Confirmations, Marriages, Annulments and Convalidations
- Family Life: Bereavement Facilitator Training
- Youth Faith Formation: End of School-Year Resource for You!
- Development: Renew + Rebuild Capital Campaign
- Updates from Schools, Charities & More
- Institutional Commodities: Connecting to the Right Vendors and Products
- Schools: Spring 2019 Pastor Newsletter
- Catholic Charities: Charity In Action Newsletter