Welcome, to our resources and support section. Here youth ministry coordinators and adult leaders can find information on all your youth ministry needs. If you’re looking for something that we don’t have, let us know, and we’ll do our best to help you out and add it to this section for others to find as well.
We are blessed to have multiple organizations that work with and serve young people. Below you will find information regarding them and links to their activities and events.
**Please review their information and ensure that they are the right fit for your teens. These organizations are not directly offered as a service of the Office of Youth Ministry, but are resources for your youth ministry programs**
- Camp Veritas: a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of New York and organized exclusively for the purpose of inspiring and forming young Catholic teens into disciples of Jesus Christ. Camp Veritas is faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Catechism and to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
- Capuchin Youth and Family Ministries: In the spirit and tradition of St. Francis of Assisi, Capuchin Youth & Family Ministries (CYFM) is rebuilding today’s Catholic Church by reaching out to young people and their families through retreats, parish ministry, and service to the poor. Lives are changed. The CYFM community nurtures faith, takes action through service to those in need, and magnifies God’s love in the world.
- El Centro -Hispanic Catholic Charismatic Center: Retiros espirituales católicos todos los fines de semana, asambleas, cursos de formación, congresos y eventos. Una institución de la Arquidiócesis de Nueva York, fundada en 1978.
- Fearless Retreats: Fearless is a retreat outreach dedicated to leading teens to a personal encounter with Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. Through three-day retreat experiences that include engaging talks, lively praise and worship, fun-filled activities, and friendship building, we inspire young people to live and proclaim the Gospel with joy!
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry The NFCYM looks to a future when young people see themselves as children of God who live as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ; when the gifts, struggles and diverse realities of young people are welcomed in Catholic faith communities; when pastoral ministry leaders have embraced the joy of the Gospel, and when families are living as the domestic Church.
- Salesian Youth & Young Adult Office: The Salesian Office for Youth and Young Adult Ministry of the Province of St. Philip the Apostle furthers the Salesian Mission of evangelizing and educating young people, especially the poor and at risk, as modeled by St. John Bosco, by serving those who serve the young.
- Pallottine Teenage Federation (PTAF) The youth ministry program of Pallottine Teenage Federation is designed to help parishes structure a parish teen program. The parish program remains autonomous to address the specific needs of its community. Each parish is encouraged to come together with other Pallottine Teenage Federation groups on a regular basis to enhance their faith and social experience.
Youth Ministry Tools and Websites
Check out the accordion below for great tools and websites to support the teens of the Archdiocese of New York.
A Eucharistic-based ministry known primarily for their parish-based Life Teen program for high school teenagers that is used by over 1200 Catholic parishes around the world. LifeTeen is also an online community for Catholic teenagers.
What Will Heaven Be Like?: Fulfillment will only come when we orient our hearts towards the home we are eternally destined for. But this begs the question, what will heaven actually be like? What does that eternal destiny mean?
A Guide to a Social Media Fasting: So why fast from social media? For the same reasons above: you might be a bit too attached to it and fasting from it will help you learn and practice the reality that God alone is enough.
Things the Bible Won’t Tell You: We’re looking for an answer. We toss up a Hail Mary, close our eyes, open the Bible…and point. Bible Roulette. The answer to all of life’s questions. Right? Wrong. So wrong, y’all.
For More Information:
Special Initiatives Coordinator
Phone: 800-809-3902 ext. 230
Youth Ministry’s Premiere Music & Media Service! The Office of Youth Ministry has partnered with Interlinc to provide you with the best new music & videos for your youth ministry.
This resource will help support your youth group sessions, aid in creating ministry playlists, worship resources, mainstream music & movie discussion guides, and provide direct contact with artists.
A virtual faith community, a place where Christians of all ages can experience faith-building music, online prayers, devotions and much more.
- La Red National Catholic Network de Pastoral Juvenil Hispana – The National Catholic Network de Pastoral Juvenil Hispana (La Red) is an inclusive association of Roman Catholic Church organizations and pastoral ministers committed to the evangelization, holistic development, and ongoing support and formation of Hispanic youth and young adults in the United States.
- Lente Católico – Lente Católico ofrece información auténtica y entretenida sobre el pensamiento católico, la espiritualidad y la práctica de la fe. Para ello, contamos con un talentoso equipo de escritores, anfitriones con
carisma y calidez, y teólogos expertos. El resultado: una colección de videos creativos que informan, entretienen e inspiran a la audiencia.
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry – The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry, participates in the mission of the Catholic Church by advocating for and supporting Catholic youth ministry on the national, diocesan, and local level.
- Project YM – They seek to equip youth ministers with what they need to do ministry better through resources, blogs, and virtual conferences and conversations.
- Camp Veritas – A sleep away camp which provides a journey to Christ and a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith through an intense fellowship immersion with other youth. Daytime activities focus on fun team-building activities such as swimming, sports, and much more! Evening activities include focused spiritual instruction and discussion, energetic music for praise and worship, daily Mass, testimonies, and Adoration.
- Capuchin Youth and Family Ministries (CYFM) – In the spirit and tradition of St. Francis of Assisi, Capuchin Youth & Family Ministries (CYFM) is rebuilding today’s Catholic Church by reaching out to young people and their families through retreats, parish ministry, and service to the poor. Lives are changed. The CYFM community nurtures faith, takes action through service to those in need, and magnifies God’s love in the world.
- Corazon Puro – Corazón Puro is an Apostolate that focuses on formation on the truth & meaning of human sexuality in the light of CHRIST through a theology of the body.
- Fearless Ministries – Fearless Ministries is a retreat outreach dedicated to leading teens to a personal encounter with Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. Through three-day retreat experiences that include engaging talks, lively praise and worship, fun-filled activities, and friendship building, we inspire young people to live and proclaim the Gospel with joy! For additional information, please visit our FAQ page.
- Marist Brothers Center at Esopus – The Marist Brothers’ Center at Esopus is a place where a Marist approach to ministry, formation, and service work together to evangelize young people and adults. Their facilities are available for groups to reserve for retreats and events.
- El Centro (Centro Catolico Carismatico) – Bilingual (English/Spanish) retreats and events for youth ages 14 and up. Desde 1978, el Centro Carismático Católico Hispano de la Arquidiócesis de Nueva York ofrece retiros espirituales de fin de semana y formación en la religión católica desde el corazón del Bronx.
- Pallottine Teenage Federation – A ministry of the Pallottine Apostolic Ministry that offers retreat programs, leadership development, parish ministry consultation, and youth events throughout the Archdiocese of New York.
- Catholic Charities Find Help App – Catholic Charities New York has developed an app called Find Help to help you find resources when and where you need them. Check out their website for more information and to download the app
Are you graduating from high school and wondering how to connect with others in your faith after you leave high school? Check out the Catholic NYC website for young adults to network and stay connected with all events and activities for Young Adults in the New York area.
A parish could not pull off youth ministry at a parish without the help of our amazing adult volunteers! Thank you for your willingness to volunteer at your parish. We have been so blessed in the past with generous adults who give of their time and energy to make youth ministry for our parishes as successful as they are. The steps to becoming a volunteer at a parish are as follows.
- Sign up to volunteer with the Parish staff, Youth Minister, or Director of Religious Education, letting them know that you are interested in volunteering with the youth ministry at your parish.
- Your parish staff member will set up a time to meet with you and discuss your interest.
- Download & fill out a background Check Form in English or Spanish
- View Safer Spaces Video Online here or contact your parish Safe Environment Coordinator to watch it at the parish.
- Send completed background check & Safer Spaces training certificate forms to your parish safe environment coordinator.
- Your parish Safe Environment Coordinator will inform you when you are cleared to begin volunteering at your parish Youth Ministry.