We seek refuge under your protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our pleas — we who are put to the test — and deliver us from every danger, O glorious and blessed Virgin.Pope Francis / Papa Francisco
Bajo tu amparo nos acogemos, Santa Madre de Dios. No deseches las oraciones que te dirigimos en nuestras necesidades, antes bien, líbranos de todo peligro, oh Virgen gloriosa y bendita.
Family Faith at Home / La Fe en Familia en Casa
Corpus Christi Sunday
June 14, 2020
(Note: Last resource for the season)
June 7, 2020
(May 31, 2020)
Seventh Sunday of Easter
(May 24, 2020)
- Digital Ministry Ministries Policy: guidelines for planning digital outreach to children and youth.
- Cardinal Dolan encourages the Youth and Catechetical communities in this video during the COVID pandemic in this video.
- Archways Spring 2020: the quarterly magazine of the Archdiocese of New York has a special report on how New York Catholics Respond to Covid-19 and other resources.
- Pope Francis Encourages Catholics to Pray the Rosary in May. He offers two Marian prayers to conclude the Rosary as a way of joining together with him in prayer.
- Strong in Tribulation/Fuertes en la Tribulacion: the Vatican has released a free online prayer book to help Catholics seeking divine assistance amid the coronavirus crisis. English / Spanish
- Resources for Prayer and Engagement during Coronavirus: from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Litany of Supplication: prayed by Pope Francis during his Urbi et Orbi meditation and blessing on Friday, March 27, 2020. English / Spanish
- Resources from V Encuentro:
- Catholic Central YouTube Channel: Catholic Central hosts, Kai and Libby, review the Catholic faith in a way that explains and amuses at the same time. Especially good for older children and youth.
- Tips for Catholic Families During the Pandemic: a blog post from catholicmom.com with ideas for managing at home.
- Religious Education Resources: from Jared Dees at The Religion Teacher website.
- Loyola Press: provides a free Coronavirus Response Lesson that helps educators, catechists, or parents discuss the COVID-19 virus with children and teach them valuable skills.
- Our Sunday Visitor: offers a new free video series for early childhood and lower elementary students called, The Allelu Show.
- Pflaum: helps all Pflaum Gospel Weeklies customers with digital versions of the Unit 4 student lessons (English and Spanish).
- RCL Benzinger: offering free access for 60 days to its digital curriculum to everyone. Please contact Michael Heath or 516-286-3545. They also provide Catholic Resources to all.
- Sadlier: provides free eBooks of their print programs for customers and non-customers for the rest of the year. Go to SadlierConnect and use username: SadlierStudent with password: ReadyToLearn! (case sensitive). Also free Sadlier’s Religion Resources.
- Pop-Up Catechesis: in this new video series, Joe Paprocki, from Loyola Press, shares bite-size suggestions for how to make faith alive in the home.
We will add resources as we are notified by the publishers.
From Holy Week
- Holy Week at Home: printable booklet for home and family use.
- Holy Week in Two Minutes: video that explains Holy Week for parents, youth and children.
- 5 Ways to Celebrate the Triduum at Home: ideas for celebrating at home and involved children and youth.
- Holy Week at Home: from Liturgical Press
- Understanding the Triduum: from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Updated June 12, 2020