Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program
We are sorry to inform you that the Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program classes onsite and online scheduled to start on April 1, 2020 are cancelled due to concerns over the current pandemic.
Please accept our apologies with regards to this unfortunate matter.
For those of you who have already registered, we have two options for your registration payments:
1. We give you a credit to participate in one of our future adult confirmation programs; I can email you further details on the Adult Confirmation classes available this coming Fall 2020…
2. We issue you a full refund, please just note that the Archdiocese of New York is closed, and we may not be able to refund you until the offices open, and this may take 1 to 3 months.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to helping you receive the sacraments of confirmation.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 646-794-2574, please leave a voice message and I will get back to you.
Liliana Cruz, Administrative Assistant to the Director of the Catechumenate
The Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program is designed for practicing adult (18+) Catholics seeking the sacrament of Confirmation, who have been baptized, have received their first Holy Communion, and have been educated in the Catholic faith through Catholic Schools or Catholic religious education programs.
The Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program presents an overview of the essentials of the Catholic Faith, focusing on immediate catechesis for the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation.
This is a program of adult faith formation that combines presentations, group discussion, reflection, and prayer. The sessions will cover Sacred Scripture and Tradition, the Creed, prayer and spirituality, the Church, Catholic social teaching and meaning of the sacrament of Confirmation.
This Program is not for adults who are unbaptized, or baptized but uncatechized (not practicing Catholics), who would benefit from participation in their parish’s RCIA process. Your pastor’s permission is required to participate in this program.
For an outline of the adult confirmation program sessions, click here.
For the 2020 schedule of upcoming classes, click here.
Requirements for Adults Confirmation Registration
The following items must be sent by regular mail after completion of the online registration form:
- Pastor’s permission letter
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate
- Copy of First Communion Certificate
- If married, copy of Catholic Marriage Certificate
- Registration Fee of $80 per person ($120 per engaged / married couple)
See calendar for upcoming Adult Confirmation
Programs and Registration
Upcoming Events › Adult Confirmation
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Adult Confirmation. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
New York Catholic Center,
Office of Adult Faith Formation
1011 First Avenue – 13th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Mr. Oscar Cruz
Director of the Catechumenate (RCIA)
Ms. Liliana Cruz
Administrative Assistant to the Director of the Catechumenate (RCIA)