I hope all is well! Ryan has shared with us the schedule below. Please look it over and reply in the comments of this message, letting us know which question you would like to speak on and give your personal testimony on Saturday. Areas for personal testimonies are bold in the schedule below.
we are excited for the event this Saturday at 10am-12pm. Please sign on at 9:30am to prep before the event begins.
Guard The Light To Be The Light
Archdiocese New York
March 20th 10am-12pm
Goal: Create a space and opportunity for teens to connect and share about how the light of Christ within them has been affected by the pandemic and to share and learn ways to Protect their light.
Teens will be reminded of the power of the Holy Spirit and all it offers (Fruits & Gifts) as well a see how growing in Virtue is key to protecting their light.
Guiding Scriptures/ccc & Church Teachings.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.”
CCC 1803-1829: Human and Cardinal Virtues
CCC 1830-1832: Fruits and Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Mental Health Terms: Self Awareness, Self Regulation, Healthy Communication,
Tool: Camera Of Truth
9:45am – Team Login. Go over schedule. Team prayer 10:00am – Zoom Main Room opens10:05am – Welcome by ArchNy staff, opening prayer and Intro of Bro Rhy.
10:15am – Session 1 “Truth Be Told, Pandemic Realities” (Zoom In)
- Truth Be told Video (Matthew West)
- 2 Teen Sharings (2-3 Min) “How the Pandemic has affected my Faith, Family, Physical and Mental Health? And share one painful/difficult memory or experience that happens during the pandemic
- Speaker 1
- Speaker 2
- Bro Rhy shares about self awareness before breakout session
- Reality Check with self (feelings, behaviors, mindset)
- Jesus was very aware of everything around him. He also had big feelings.
10:30am – 10:45am First Breakout Session
- What are your Pandemic Realities? What have you struggled with the most.
- What have you been aware of in terms of your feelings, behaviors and mood?
10:45am – Gather Back for debrief
11:00am – Session Two “The sewer and the Seed” (Zoom Out)
- 2 Teens sharing (2-3 Min) What was helpful for you to keep your light in Christ on? Who, what or where did you go for support? Or what type support would be helpful for you?
- Bro Rhy “The sewer and the Seed” and the power of our environment to Guard our light.
11:15am – 11:30am – Breakout Session 2
11:30am – Gather Back – Offer opportunity for large group share
11:40am – The world needs your light (Press Record)
- Be Different Video
- We are not alone. We have the Paraclete, the advocate, The Holy Spirit
- We can’t give what we don’t have
- Virtues, gifts and Fruits
- Reach out, participate, activate
11:50am – Journal Reflections
12:00pm – Closing Prayer and Announcements