On Friday morning, September 25, 2015, Pope Francis attended a multi-religious service at the September 11th Memorial & Museum.
Special highlights included:
- Pope Francis greeted families of victims and prayed with them just after he rested a white rose on the bronze panel inscribed with the names of those victims.
- Pope Francis prayed with many religious leaders for peace: "To God, all life is sacred. We stand as brothers and sisters loving peace and pursuing peace."
- "This place of death became a place of life too, a place of saved lives, a hymn of triumph over the prophets of destruction and death, to goodness over evil, to reconciliation and unity over hatred and division.'"
- "Our presence together will be a powerful sign of our shared desire to be a force for reconciliation, peace and justice in this community throughout the world." Pope Francis stated as he addressed the members of the service.
- The peaceful prayer service closed with "Let There Be Peace On Earth" sung by the choir