September 6, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Global Regional School System
Senior Accountant – Pre-K for All
The Department of Education Archdiocese of New York has expanded its Pre-K for All (previously the Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK)) Program to over 70 of its elementary schools. This expansion warrants an increase in financial oversight and management. The Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Accounting – Pre-K for All.
Under the leadership of the Director of Accounting –Pre-K for All, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing, monitoring and amending the budgets and monthly and annual reports for each Pre-K for All program. The Senior Accountant will also assist to ensure compliance with all financial procedures, rules and regulations of the Pre-K for All programs and provide support to Principals in understanding the financial compliance issues with the programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all reporting by performing Pre-K for All accounting functions including the reconciliation of Pre-K for All general ledger activity.
- Prepare annual budgets for UPK programs based on the original RFP and update for changes in personnel, students, etc.
- Amend the budgets as necessary based on changes since the original budget was approved.
- Work with contracted Pre-K for All accountants to ensure the accuracy of budgets submitted to New York City Department of Education, New York State Department of Education and other public school districts, and review of Pre-K for All indirect costs in the general ledger; including the allocation methodology being used.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations for the regional Pre-K for All bank accounts and review all payments from the various funding agencies. Ensure proper receivable balances are recorded at year-end.
- Collaborate with the contracted Pre-K for All accountants, and the Director of Early Childhood Education and the Director of Budgeting on the preparation and revision of all Pre-K for All budgets.
- Collaborate with the contracted Pre-K for All accountants and the Director of Early Childhood Education on the preparation of all submissions to the various funding agencies.
- Ensure the contracted Pre-K for All accountants are timely reconciling school activities and are in compliance with all procedures, rules and regulations of the Pre-K for All programs.
- Communicate to the schools, regions, and the Archdiocese of New York accurate financial information on a monthly basis.
- Conduct analytical review of financial information on a monthly basis to identify significant budget variances at schools and regions.Once identified, areas of concern should be clearly communicated to the Director of Accounting – Pre-K for All, GRSS Director of Financial Operations, Director of Early Childhood Education and Director of Budget.
- Assist in year –end audit by providing GRSS with final Pre-K for All reports and accounting.Ensure that proper and accurate financial information and records are provided to the auditors on a timely basis to meet the audit reporting deadline.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of three years accounting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment
- Sensitive to the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft SharePoint, and Paychex a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: