September 23, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools
Director, Tuition Management
The Director of Tuition Management reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools. The Director will oversee the tuition billing process in order to ensure data integrity across the Global Regional School System of the Archdiocese of New York including: student profiles, tuition rates, fee structures, scholarship input and invoicing. In addition, the Director of Tuition Management will have ultimate responsibility for conversion, implementation and management of the tuition processing system.
Superintendent of Schools
- Coordination with the GRSS Finance & Operations structuring of the annual tuition plan including but not limited to: dates, rates, and fees
- Development of tuition management calendar
- Oversight of the processing and of tuition invoices as they relate to registration deadlines, scholarships and re-registration processing
- Coordination with the Office of Enrollment and Scholarship to ensure allowable awards are accurately calculated and credited to tuition billing
- Implementation and oversight of the business policies and procedures required for a sustainable tuition management process
- Will have responsibility for the development, structure and implementation of a consistent tuition and fee management program
- Setting and ensuring adherence to tuition and fee policies regarding discounts, awards, processing, payment plans and billing processes
- Approval of exceptions to standard policies with input from stakeholders
- Will be responsible for the data integrity within the tuition management system (currently SMART) including timeliness of updated information
- Will be responsible for vendor selection, management and performance review of tuition management vendor in collaboration with the Director of Enrollment & Scholarship and the Director of Finance & Operations as required
- Will be the primary source of contact with the tuition management vendor
- Will be responsible for the efficient collections of tuition/fees, reconciliation with GRSS Finance & Operations balances and delinquency management
- Will provide input, as required, on individual school and regional budgets
- Will coordinate and communicate with the Director of GRSS Finance & Operations on funded and unfunded scholarship/awards/discounts that are exceptions
- Oversight of complaint/issue resolutions relative to vendor/parent/principal calls
- Will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing staff for the Tuition Management Group
- Meet project and reporting deadlines including annual billing schedule for tuition and fees
- Create, maintain and adhere to budget
- Ensure that management is advised of billing variances and delinquencies on a timely basis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree a plus.
- Experience: 10 - 15 years of experience in management relative to service delivery/product management/financial products.
- Experience in volume processing, payments processing and/or project management required.
- Experience managing and developing people.
- Experience in client management especially in retail/consumer end client experience.
- Experience in education or educational servicing a plus, but not a requirement.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to generate creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage across disparate regions
- Proven ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion
- Languages: Spanish speaking a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: