February 22, 2017
The Archdiocese of New York
Deputy Director of Marketing
The Archdiocese of New York seeks a talented Deputy
Director of Marketing
(“Deputy”) to help lead a new department dedicated to the planning, development and implementation of integrated marketing strategies and systems that will enhance the profile of the Archdiocese. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Deputy will be especially focused on projects that directly support the work of the Archdiocese’s various offices and ministries.
This position is for a marketing and communications generalist. The successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver with hands-on experience in a wide range of media, both old and new, and will have worked on projects with a variety of audiences and goals.
The ideal candidate will also be a strong manager with a collaborative and collegial approach and the ability to build solid working relationships in a diverse environment. S/he must be patient, disciplined, possess a deep sense of mission and have the ability to balance many competing priorities.
- Engage internal audiences in the development, implementation and use of new tools to facilitate collaboration, information- and resource-sharing
- Collaborate with the director of marketing and other senior leaders to develop and implement programs that will broaden the Archdiocese’s reach and deepen its impact
- Institute skill-building programs that enhance the marketing communications capacity of the Archdiocese’s various offices and ministries
- Assist departments with development of new programs and materials to promote them
- Work with designers to create high-quality digital, print and other materials—including templates that promote consistency across office and ministry communications
- Measure and report the results of initiatives
- Manage vendor engagements and monitor production deadlines and traffic as assigned
- Lead other department projects as needed
Applicant should possess:
- Accomplishes projects and tasks assigned on time and with professional quality
- Keeps director apprised of progress on all initiatives
- Proactively collaborates with other teammates or departments into projects as appropriate
- Responds appropriately and in a timely fashion to office and ministry needs
- Produces a regular schedule of trainings, skill-building sessions and/or check-ins with ministries and departments, as appropriate
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a similar program
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience, including at least 2 years working in internal communications/marketing or employee engagement in a multi-faceted organization (preferably one with multiple divisions or chapters)
- Demonstrated experience managing complex communications/marketing programs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including experience developing message frames and talking points and in planning, writing, editing and producing newsletters, reports, literature and more
- Proven experience in new media, including experience building websites and managing their content and using social media
- Familiarity with the entire MS Office suite; familiarity with WordPress, HTML, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite also desirable
TO APPLY: Send résumé, cover letter and a representative sampling of your work to __________.
About the Archdiocese of New York
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to influence and engage leadership and peers as well as effectively interface with a diverse population of colleagues
- Impeccable attention to detail and deadlines and the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Commitment to the mission of the Archdiocese of New York
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York is the second-largest archdiocese in the country, offering a vast and complex array of educational opportunities, programming, events and resources across the boroughs of Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island and seven upstate counties. Through its extensive network—295 parishes, 317 schools and hundreds of charitable programs, pastoral, social and education ministries—the Archdiocese serves 2.8 million Catholics of different ethnicities, incomes and backgrounds and all phases of life.
The Archdiocese of New York is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Learn more at
TO APPLY: Send résumé, cover letter and a representative sampling of your work to: