September 22, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Safe Environment Office
Working part-time (max. 20 hours per week) under the supervision of the Director of the Safe Environment Office, responsible for processing of background checks, data entry, and other general office clerical tasks.
- Maintain physical files of background check authorization forms.
- Contacting parishes and schools with inquiries.
- Receive and process background check authorization forms.
- Data entry of information into Microsoft Access database.
- Update information in Microsoft Access database.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting the other members of the Office staff in their administrative duties.
- Strong organizing skills, attentive to detail.
- Strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to communicate, particularly via telephone, in a professional manner.
- Friendly; flexible; self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Ability to comply with strict information security standards.
- Flexible work schedule -- position is for two full days (16 hours), but must be willing to work additional hours periodically as the department's needs require.
- Ability or experience with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Access or Excel).
- Must be willing to support the Office’s mission for providing a safe environment for children, pursuant to the United States Bishops Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People and the policies of the Archdiocese of New York.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired but not necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: