June 23, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
The Catholic School Region of Staten Island
Business Manager/Corporate Secretary for the Catholic School Region of Staten Island
The Business Manager shall have charge, oversight, and responsibility for the Catholic School Region business operations on a day-to-day basis, under the general oversight of the Board of Trustees.
The Business Manager shall:
Education and Experience
- work in conjunction with the Regional Office to provide services to the Region
- be the liaison between the Board, the Regional Office, the Regional Superintendent of Schools, and the Director of GRSS Financial Operations
- be responsible for implementing the business policies and procedures developed in conjunction with the Regional Office as well as the resolutions approved or adopted by the Board for the conduct and management of the affairs of the Catholic School Region, and also for ensuring that the Catholic School Region operates pursuant to the Laws, Rules, and Regulations
- create and oversee the implementation of school-based budgets and the regional budget
- conduct all official correspondence of the Catholic School Region and be responsible to affix the corporate seal to all instruments requiring it, and keep such other records and perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Corporate Secretary by the Chair/President, the Board, or the By-laws
- have responsibility for attending and scheduling all meetings of the Board of Trustees, including recording meetings and ensuring minutes of Board meetings are prepared; preparing agendas and materials for the Board meetings; ensuring committee meetings are scheduled and minutes are prepared; and preparing and filing, in the corporate minute book, all notices, resolutions and minutes of the Board of Trustees and the Members
- support the Regional Superintendent/Superintendent of Schools efforts in executing the Pathways to Excellence strategic plan
A successful candidate must have a bachelors or higher degree in business administration, finance, or education. The position requires at least seven years experience in business/finance, project management, or education administration.
The candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and judgment, excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated capability for working collaboratively in a team environment. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred. The Business Manager should be Catholic and/or have a strong understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith and the importance of Catholic education.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: