September 30, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Catholic School Region of Northwest/South Bronx
Business Manager/Corporate Secretary
The Archdiocese of New York is seeking a Business Manager & Board Liaison for one of its nine Catholic School Regions located in New York. One of the three pilot regions for regionalization, the Northwest/South Bronx stretches from some of the nation’s poorest inner-city neighborhoods, in the south, to revitalized working class communities, to leafy enclaves of wealth.
The Business Manager shall have charge, oversight, and responsibility for the Catholic School Region’s business operations on a day-to-day basis, under the general oversight of the Board of Trustees. The candidate must be comfortable managing school budgets, as well as serve as Board liaison for the Board of Trustees.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Be responsible for the creation, implementation and management of 15 school based budgets; including the budget of the Northwest/South Bronx regional office and monthly budget oversight and reporting;
- Manage and oversee the city funded universal Pre-K budgets impeded in the school level budgets;
- Be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures;
- Be responsible for implementing the business policies and procedures developed in conjunction with the Regional Office as well as the resolutions approved or adopted by the Board for the conduct and management of the affairs of the Catholic School Region, and also for ensuring that the Catholic School Region operates pursuant to the Laws, Rules, and Regulations;
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Office to provide services to the Region;
- Be the liaison between the Board, the Regional Office, the Regional Superintendent of Schools, and the Director of Global Regional School System Financial Operations;
- Create and oversee the implementation of thirteen school-based budgets and the regional budget including reporting as such to the Board of Trustees;
- Conduct ;
- Oversee the management of all meetings of the Board of Trustees, including recording meetings and ensuring minutes of Board meetings are prepared; preparing agendas and materials for the Board meetings; ensuring committee meetings are scheduled and minutes are prepared;
- Prepare and file, in the corporate minute book, all notices, resolutions and minutes of the Board of Trustees and the Members;
- Support the Regional Superintendent/Superintendent of Schools efforts in executing the Pathways to Excellence strategic plan.
- Bachelors in business administration, finance or education (MBA desirable);
- Passion for the mission, programs and community of ;
- An entrepreneurial spirit which will thrive in a start-up environment;
- Seven years’ experience in business/finance, project management, or higher education;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment;
- Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational and financial goals;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Possess the skills to build confidence and trust with Board of Trustees;
- An extraordinary energy and passion as evidenced by taking the initiative to think and act independently, anticipating what needs to be done and doing it;
- Comfortable handling deviations from routine, flexible and adaptable to changes in assignments and priorities. Flexibility with schedule with night and/or weekend Board meetings;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Must have a strong understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith and the importance of Catholic education.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: