September 6, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Global Regional School System
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 94 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
Reporting to the Director of Budgeting, the Budget Analyst’s primary responsibility is to assist in the review and monitoring of budget compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist Business Managers with budget preparation.
- Review proposed budget submissions for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor monthly actual to budget results.
- Perform variance analysis, reporting on significant variances.
- Compile data in order to analyze issues and trends.
- Maintain electronic files for reference and budget trail.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of three years experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, is detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment.
- Sensitive to the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: