November 10, 2016
The Archdiocese of Baltimore
ASSOCIATE TO THE VICAR BISHOP
The men and women employed by The Archdiocese of Baltimore are dedicated professionals who endeavor to support the mission of the Archdiocese in many diverse areas including spiritual ministry, formation, social work, education and administrative services. We are seeking to add committed and dedicated professionals to our team. If you love the mission of the Catholic Church and seek to make a difference, a role at The Archdiocese of Baltimore (or at one of our affiliates) may be right for you!
We are currently seeking an
Associate to the Vicar Bishop
. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist the Bishop in fulfilling his pastoral and administrative responsibilities to the Archbishop and to the clergy, religious and laity of the vicariate. In this role, you will encourage collegiality, communication, and collaboration at all levels and advocate for personnel in the vicariate.
Essential functions and qualifications
The ideal candidate will serve a variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Vicar in the service to parishes and institutions by developing and implementing, with the Bishop, a schedule and process for pastoral visits
- Providing staff services to the Vicar at area clergy meetings and to represent him in his absence
- Initiating and coordinating the budgeting, programming, and evaluating activities of the Office of the Vicar
- Assisting in conflict management and resolution for parish-related concerns as directed by the Vicar
- Other duties as assigned by the Vicar
To be considered for this critical role, the successful candidate must possess a Master's degree or equivalent in a field such as Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Ecclesiology, or Community Development. Additionally, having worked in an administrative capacity previously is a plus, with a preference for those who performed that work in a Church-related field. Having direct knowledge of the Archdiocese of Baltimore is highly desirable. Ability to travel on a periodic basis required.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
The Archdiocese is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO: SANDERSON@ARCHBALT.ORG
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation
- 403(b) plan