December 30, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Administrative Assistant to Director of the Catechumenate and Family Catechesis
Provide administrative and project support to the Director of the Catechumenate (RCIA) and Family Catechesis of the Archdiocesan Catechetical Office.
- Performs varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the Catechetical Office.
- Anticipates and prepare materials needed by the Director for conferences, training programs, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs Director on matters to be considered.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; and may determine dispositions of requests; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Facilitates communication and prepares correspondence with the parish directors / coordinators of the Catechumenate (RCIA) as directed by the Director.
- Maintains the director’s calendar, makes appointments, scheduling tentative appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Reviews materials prepared for director’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and resource materials as directed by the Director.
- Helps prepare and monitor budget expenses and receipts for Catechumenate (RCIA) and Family Catechesis events and projects including the processing of invoices.
- Assists in the coordination and registration of the following annual Archdiocesan RCIA Ceremonies;
- Archdiocesan Rite of Election
- Cathedral RCIA Neophyte Mass.
- Assists in the coordination of the following Catechumenate (RCIA) initiatives:
- Basic Leadership Training for the Catechumenate (RCIA) and RCIA Catechist Institutes
- RCIA Advisory Council Meetings
- RCIA Network Gatherings
- Archdiocesan RCIA Forum
- Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program
- Assists in the coordination of the following Family Catechesis initiatives:
- Family Catechesis Advisory Council Meetings
- Family Catechesis Mentoring Program
- Archdiocesan Family Catechesis Professional Enrichment Day
- Assists in the coordination of the New York Catholic Bible Summit.
- Assists with additional clerical duties that may be required from the Director of the Catechetical Office including welcoming guests arriving at the Catechetical Office.
- Computer Proficiency
- Event Planning
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to attend occasional weekend or evening events
- College Degree preferred
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: