September 22, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Department of Education - Superintendent of Schools
Administrative Assistant, Office of Teacher Personnel
Hiring Lists: Teachers - Downsized or Closing Schools
- Collect and review placement forms of ACS teachers, both elementary and high school, who have been laid-off/downsized or from a closing school
- Then compile information and keep current all hiring lists.
- Receive placement forms from non-ACS closing schools, both elementary and high school, and compile a hiring list to be help the teachers connect to openings in the Archdiocese of NY.
- Assist Associate Superintendent when ACS principals contact office needing teachers for open positions.Keep accurate records of requests and teacher contacts given.
Contracts, Union Dues, Faculty Lists, Community Sick Bank, Etc.
- Manage record keeping of Union dues of John Cardinal O’Connor School
- Receive monthly teachers’ dues in arrears report from the Union and contact Parish school principals when necessary.
- Review yearly contracts from the ACS schools for accuracy and completion and maintain on file.
- Receive and maintain yearly faculty lists from the ACS schools.
- Receive and maintain yearly Community Sick Bank data from ACS schools and send the Union a report each year.
- Calculate and maintain theoretical W-2’s and Pension (APP and Supplemental) for FCT Union officers.
- Receive invoices from the Archdiocese of NY Legal Department and prepare Approved for Payment Voucher.
- Respond to telephone and email communications from DOE staff, principals, pastors, schools’ payroll managers/benefit administrators, Medical and Pension Departments
- Update and keep accurate school principals’ mailing list
- Attend twice-yearly Archdiocese of NY Principals’ meeting.
- Remain knowledgeable of the Collective Bargaining Agreement contract.
- Responsible for producing various special research projects: Compiling, reporting and documenting research results.Provide spreadsheets where applicable.
- Update/revise all memos to the principals in regions, parish and partnership for Associate Superintendent for Teacher Personnel to email.
- Receive information from Medical and assist when needed
- Prepare materials for New Teachers Workshop and New Principal Workshops through the school year keeping all hand-outs current.
- Maintain working relationship with GFCC-Finance/Human Resources and provide information when requested regarding regionalized schools.
- Assisted in formatting new teacher evaluation forms.
- Research, compile data and complete a large portion all Union requested data reports.
- Secure meeting room(s) and food for DOE/FCT Ongoing Contract Negotiations.
- Distribute Collective Bargaining Agreement Books.
- Responsible for assisting in the ratified CBA drafts/corrections/proofreading with Associate Superintendent/Union and a liaison to the company/printer.
- Keep detailed data received from the schools to be used for reports and disseminating future data to Archdiocese AD’s, payroll managers, principals, etc
- Compiled database of teachers from closing schools
- Transition/severance package for the bargaining teachers of closing schools
- Receive and maintain teachers’ specified records of closing schools
- Liaison between Pension Employee Benefits Connection and the closing school
- Prepare “Principal of a closing school” folders and distribute
- Compile and prepare reports requested by the Union during severance package negotiations [Effects Bargaining.]
- Responsible for providing data base/information to closing schools’ finance representatives for the Transition/severance package for the bargaining teachers of closing schools.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to forge and maintain cooperative relationships; ability to use and present data clearly through word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs; ability to effectively plan and manage projects, and prepare and maintain accurate records.Ability to schedule a number of activities; communicate and work with a diversity of individuals; routinely gather, collate and/or classify data; make sound decisions; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities; and work as part of a team.
- Proficiency with computers and technology including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Tools, Adobe, etc.
Compensation for this position is competitive, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: