September 29, 2016
The Archdiocese of New York
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS)
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools, and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn, and Camden.
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the work of the Executive Director, Director of Accounting and Director of Food Services with clerical and administrative services. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
- Perform general clerical duties including scanning, and mailing.
- Maintain electronic, hard copy and binder filing system, as directed.
- Perform data entry and scan documents.
- Manage calendar for Executive Director.
- Maintain time sheets and leave requisition requests from ICS staff.
- Attend staff meetings and prepare minutes.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Executive Director.
- Work with sales reps, product specialists, leasing personnel, accounting staff, accounting, marketing and nutrition staff to support departmental initiatives and resolve issues.
- Assist Executive Director on special projects, as directed.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Accounting and Director of Food Services, as needed.
- Associate’s Degree and two years experience in secretarial/administrative positions
- Strong administrative skills and sense of urgency
- Well-organized, with ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization helpful
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: