April 13, 2017 - April 16, 2017
April 13th through April 16th
Sr. Maureen Hanahoe
(914) 941-7575 (Ext. 5612)
Maryknoll Mission Center
55 Ryder Road
Ossining, NY 10562
The Holy Week Mission Discernment Retreat
provides an opportunity to prayerfully enter into the Easter Triduum, to learn about and discern a call to cross-cultural mission service, to meet other Catholics with a similar passion to serve in an international context, and to celebrate Easter together!
Click HERE to download the Registration Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st. Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have questions, please call Sr. Maureen Hanahoe at (914) 941-7575 (Ext. 5612).
The retreat is organized into three separate tracks:
- Track 1– Hosted by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers: For men, ages 21-40, discerning a call to become missionary priests or brothers in cross-cultural mission service.
- Track 2 – Hosted by the Maryknoll Sisters: For women, ages 21-35, who are discerning a call to the religious life and cross-cultural mission service.
- Track 3 – Hosted by the Maryknoll Lay Missioners: For men, women, (ages 21 and up) couples and families discerning a call to serve as lay people in cross-cultural mission service. (Cost is $60 for Track 3 only.)
Some parts of the program will be organized by track and some parts will be organized with the larger group all together. In the registration form (above) please choose the track that you believe would be the best fit for you. There will be opportunities during the retreat to learn about and interact with staff & participants from all three groups.
Lodging and meals will be provided from dinner on Wednesday, April 12th until breakfast on Sunday, April 16th. The retreat begins on Thursday, April 13th, but we recommend you arrive on Wednesday, April 12th (if possible) in order to get settled and centered before the retreat begins.
- Wednesday – April 12th (Recommended arrival day)
- Holy Thursday, April 13th
2:30PM Introduction to the Retreat, Holy Thursday Liturgy, Dinner and Social
- Good Friday, April 14th
Morning Prayer, Session on “Call to Mission,” Stations of the Cross, Time with mentors, Good Friday service, Free time
- Holy Saturday, April 15th
Reflection on Transformation in Mission, Introduction to Maryknoll charisms, Info about short-term opportunities, Personal time, Group discussion and sharing, Easter Vigil, Social and Closing
- Easter Sunday, April 16th
Celebration of the Eucharist, Departure